Thanks to you on both sides of the fence, the final Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) draft is now agreed by all on 7 August. The only question remains is whether there’ll be a signing of it.
The Ethnic Armed Organizations (EAOs) plan is as follows, according to insider sources:
What will happen after the Big Seven meeting is of course still open to further questions— and arguments.
Some of which are:
· Signing before the end of August (C-in-C will be traveling abroad, Election campaigns begin in September)
· Signing before elections
· Three of the EAOs, (Arakan National Council, Wa National Organization, Lahu Democratic Union) haven’t exchanged fire with the Burma Army. No fire, so no ceasefire necessary
· As for the other 3 (Arakan Army, Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army and Ta-ang National Liberation Army): AA is part of KIO, MNDAA guilty of “violation of sovereignty”, and TNLA needs to sign bilateral ceasefire first
· We need time to hold a summit; it is not easy to organize one
· Signing during the current government’s tenure.
· They are our people
· If the 3 are left behind the NCA will be meaningless. Government needs to show more magnanimity
Then there are questions and arguments from the government’s side too.
· President Thein Sein doesn’t deserve credit for the peace process
· We don’t trust C-in-C Min Aung Hlaing
· (Wa, Mong La) we don’t need to sign the NCA. We will only join the peace process after the NCA is signed.
· We want to hold another summit before sending the Big Five to Naypyitaw
· The Big Five want to meet the President and C-in-C
Who else is?
Who then do you trust?
· If you don’t, others will also use it as an excuse to skip the NCA
· Since each EAO will have already met and decided whether to sign or not by that time, is another summit necessary?
· Is there going to be the signing of NCA afterward?
Of course, there are more questions. But these should be enough for the present.
Now after February 23 inquiry to Aung San Suu Kyi, the State Counselor ...
This is the like the thief calling the others robbers, in Burmese: "Ta ...
The description rings true - the Empress' clothes are too shear by hal ...
Interfering the national level dialogues of non-bamar ethnic groups de ...
Or, the assassination might be from the NLD Party itself because the m ...
2016 Shan Herald Agency for News